If I have one more pseudo salesperson ask me: "Are you right?" I will contemplate resigning myself to the fact that people are more happy playing and being dumb than wanting to show both intelligence and initiative.
Case in point...I like coffee and visit lots of cafes. The logic suggest that most people who go to a cafe are wanting something to eat or drink..fair expectation I would have thought.
I also figure most of these establishments want to make money so the right question a waiter should ask could be "What would you like to order?" or "May I take your order?" anything other than; "Are you right?...What does that even mean?
The intelligent thinking professional will also ask if a patron who orders cake or a slice..."Would you like a coffee with that?" and through the power of subtle positive suggestion will more than likely get an order for a beverage as well.
So please ask me "How may I help you?" or "Are you looking for something specific?" if I look lost and never "Are you right?" because that is an insult to your intelligence first and foremost and secondly and insult to mine and I may just answer..."No as matter of fact, I'm not right and can you please tell me where I went wrong?"
Oh...one more thing, if you would rather be somewhere else than serving me, that's cool, just tell me you've lost interest and go!
I have respect for people who tell it the way it is!
No comments:
Post a Comment